Advanced Care Planning Program Manager
Lancaster General Hospital
3511 Advance Care Planning
Post Acute Care
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Some travel will be required.
HOURS: Fulltime (80 hours every 2 weeks); dayshift hours, primarily 8:00am - 4:30pm.
SUMMARY: The Advanced Care Planning Program Manager would lead multi-disciplinary system and community wide Advanced Care Planning (ACP) initiatives based on the Gunderson Respecting choices model.
- Using evidence based research, develop, design and implement a comprehensive, system and community wide ACP initiative based on the Gunderson Respecting Choices model and the Institute of Medicine’s six dimension of healthcare performance: safety, effectiveness, patient-centeredness, timeliness, efficiency, and equity.
- Lead multi-disciplinary, system-wide and community teams (including leaders from the patient centered medical home, care management, palliative care, population health and disease management initiatives) to analyze, design and implement standardized, patient centered processes focused on ACP that align with the LG Health Mission and Vision and strategic goals.
- Collaborates to define project scope, goals, and deliverables, including identification of patient centered, financial and evidence based outcomes and metrics. Design and conduct performance improvement and quality improvement activities as determined by annual and long-term goals, including but not limited to program, process, and outcome deliverables.
Coordinates the clinical and administrative elements of the ACP Program
- Participates in the development, implementation, and revision of policies and procedures concerning ACP consistent with regulatory requirements; communicates changes in statutory requirements.
Prepares and controls ACP budgets.
Communicates and collaborates with the population health physician leadership to maximize outcomes and resource allocation.
Collaborates with other members of ACP team to develop and implement ACP initiative goals, both short and long term, consistent with those of the program and the health system.
Using evidence based research, design and implement stratification methodologies to identify and target appropriate populations across the health system and community for ACP activities.
Plan and lead all ACP team meetings; including the ACP system-wide steering and implementation committee and work groups; including community meetings.
Identify and recruit well-qualified personnel across the health care system to serve as ACP facilitators; train, supervise and manage all ACP facilitators to ensure adherence to system-wide ACP policies and processes.
Design and implement formal and informal education to staff and community. Develop and maintain ACP educational materials and forms (electronic and hardcopies).
Maintain ACP instructor and facilitator certification for first and last steps conversations.
Create and maintain ACP patient referral system.
Provide ACP consultation to care teams and community on an as needed basis.
- Identifies appropriate providers, facilities, external healthcare organizations throughout the continuum of care and communicates with an interdisciplinary treatment team to develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients, families and providers.
- An RN or Social Worker is required for this role, with specific requirements being one of the following:
- RN: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the Pennsylvania Board of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or a related health care degree is required within one (1) year of hire/placement. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is preferred.
- Social Worker: Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school or program.
- Completion of Respecting Choices facilitator and instructor training is preferred upon hire, and required within 180 days of entry into the role.
- Three (3) years acute care nursing experience or care management experience in a health care setting is required.
- Maintain ACP instructor and facilitator certification for first and last steps conversations.
- Prior program development experience preferred.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
Posted on 07/04/2019