Administrative Assistant II Performance Improvement
Lancaster General Hospital
3507 Performance Improvement
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative and office support to a department, director(s) and/or physician(s). Performs and anticipates certain administrative functions for management, including making decisions within authorized scope or directing the decision making to the proper authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates schedules and calendars by arranging meetings, appointments and travel arrangements. Uses independent judgment in managing calendar.
- Composes correspondence, memos, presentations, and reports. Types, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials including correspondence memos, reports, charts, statistics, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Coordinates all aspects of meetings including logistics, technology, presenters and agenda. Attends, take minutes, and distributes materials when directed.
- Answers and screens internal and external calls and visits to determine the urgency of the situation. Suggests appropriate referrals or informs direct report/team when situation warrants immediate attention.
- Performs and anticipates certain administrative functions for management, including making decisions within authorized scope or directing the decision making to the proper authority.
- Provides research and administrative support to special projects, preparing data and follow-up on projects.
- Manages department equipment, supplies, office space and department specific systems.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains and updates files and ensured strict confidentiality with verbal and documented information in the work area, and maintains security of physical and electronic information. Inputs and maintains data in prescribed systems.
- Coordinates and tracks workflows and projects through the department and/or organization to ensure paperwork is complete and follow-up services are provided in a timely fashion.
- Collects, documents, processes payments, and tracks contracts, grants, and special funds.
- Sorts and distributes mail and other communication to appropriate recipients. Organizes and coordinates the flow of information both internally and externally and utilizes technology based communication platforms.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides back-up to other support staff as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful.
- Assists with onboarding new employees and consultants to department by setting up access and completing paperwork.
- Participates and/or lead committees as directed including special event planning, execution and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years’ experience providing direct administrative support.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a complimentary field.
- More than Three (3) years’ experience providing direct administrative support and the ability to perform functions independently.
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products and department specific software and hardware
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 11/15/2019