Administrative Assistant II (Full Time/ Day Shift)
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours a week or 1.0 FTE. Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays. Day shift. Supporting a fast paced inpatient specialty practice with potential for projects, business support services, and day to day collaboration with a busy Palliative Care Service. Directly reports to the Palliative Care Administrator.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative and office support to a department, director(s) and/or physician(s). Performs and anticipates certain administrative functions for management, including making decisions within authorized scope or directing the decision making to the proper authority.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: 40 hours/week during the day
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates schedules and calendars by arranging meetings, appointments and travel arrangements. Uses independent judgment in managing calendar.
- Composes correspondence, memos, presentations, and reports. Types, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials including correspondence memos, reports, charts, statistics, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Coordinates all aspects of meetings including logistics, technology, presenters and agenda. Attends, take minutes, and distributes materials when directed.
- Answers and screens internal and external calls and visits to determine the urgency of the situation. Suggests appropriate referrals or informs direct report/team when situation warrants immediate attention.
- Performs and anticipates certain administrative functions for management, including making decisions within authorized scope or directing the decision making to the proper authority.
- Provides research and administrative support to special projects, preparing data and follow-up on projects.
- Manages department equipment, supplies, office space and department specific systems.
- Sets-up, organizes, maintains and updates files and ensured strict confidentiality with verbal and documented information in the work area, and maintains security of physical and electronic information. Inputs and maintains data in prescribed systems.
- Coordinates and tracks workflows and projects through the department and/or organization to ensure paperwork is complete and follow-up services are provided in a timely fashion.
- Collects, documents, processes payments, and tracks contracts, grants, and special funds.
- Sorts and distributes mail and other communication to appropriate recipients. Organizes and coordinates the flow of information both internally and externally and utilizes technology based communication platforms.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides back-up to other support staff as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful.
- Assists with onboarding new employees and consultants to department by setting up access and completing paperwork.
- Participates and/or lead committees as directed including special event planning, execution and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three (3) years’ experience providing direct administrative support.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a complimentary field.
- More than Three (3) years’ experience providing direct administrative support and the ability to perform functions independently.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/01/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.