Administrative Assistant I (Full-Time) 1.0
Lancaster General Hospital
7260 SOP-Neuroscience Administration
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative and office support to a department, director(s) and/or physician(s).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinates schedules and calendars by arranging meetings, appointments and travel arrangements. Uses independent judgment in managing calendar. Consults manager regarding conflicting priorities.
- Composes correspondence, memos and presentations. Types, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials.
- Attends meetings, take minutes, and distributes materials when directed.
- Answers and screens internal and external calls and visits to determine the urgency of the situation. Suggests appropriate referrals or informs direct report/team.
- Manages department equipment, supplies and office space.
- Organizes, maintains and updates as needed. Inputs and maintains data in prescribed systems.
- Coordinates and tracks workflows and projects through the department and/or organization to ensure paperwork is complete and follow-up services are provided in a timely fashion.
- Sorts and distributes mail and other communication to appropriate recipients. Coordinates information within team/department.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides back-up to other support staff as needed, while working in a team environment in a way that is professional, cohesive and respectful.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year experience providing direct administrative support.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- More than one (1) year experience providing direct administrative support.
- The position requires the ability to attend to more than one aspect of a situation simultaneously. It is highly likely that multiple task demands are going to be required of the individual at the same time.
New Learning and Memory:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions is mandatory.
Problem Solving, Reasoning and Creative Thinking:
- The position requires the ability to evaluate existing options to resolve a presenting problem. The resolutions or options are clearly defined, limited in number and are altered infrequently. Selection of the most appropriate solution is based on well-established and defined guidelines.
Language: Reading, Writing & Speaking:
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instructions, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memoranda, reports and essays, using proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a basic vocabulary.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to perform the four operations with like or common decimal fractions.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units.
- Ability to compute profit and loss, ratio and proportion, and percentage.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office and department specific software and hardware
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 11/29/2019