Administrative Assistant Academic
PA College Of Health Sciences
Academic Support- Nursing Associate Degree
Performs a variety of simple to complex clerical duties emphasizing administrative detail and support services for the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, Program Chairs and Faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Perform general administrative and clerical duties including typing, copying, filing, processing special orders, etc.
- Perform complex administrative work with independence, speed and effectiveness.
- Composes correspondence independently.
- Produce written documents that require moderate analysis and synthesis of information from a variety of sources.
- Coordinate room bookings for classes, meetings and special events.
- Compile course textbook information and convey the textbook needs to the vendor in a timely and accurate manner; work collaboratively with key stakeholders to resolve issues related to course textbooks.
- Attend meetings and take minutes for committees as assigned.
- Develop and maintain various tracking mechanisms for academic, division and program specific data as requested.
- Coordinate administrative duties related to graduation, advisory committee meetings and other special events.
- Utilize campus network and software applications; apply in-depth knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail and calendaring, and student assessment applications.
- Prepare, distribute, and track faculty contracts as assigned.
- Provide tracking and entry of graduate data in state licensing sites to facilitate the licensure application process.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate catering needs for Division events.
- Serve as back-up for critical functions in the absence of the other Academic Administrative Assistants.
- Perform other administrative duties as deemed appropriate to support the smooth functioning of Academic Affairs.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or higher preferred.
To perform this job successfully…..
- Excellent typing skills (60 wpm)
- Three (3) years clerical/secretarial experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Four or more years administrative experience
- Business School training or equivalent
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/18/2021