Administrative Assistant - Academic
PA College Of Health Sciences
9849 Academic Support
Health Sciences & Humanities
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of simple to complex clerical duties emphasizing administrative detail and support services for the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, Program Chairs and Faculty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Compose correspondence, memorandums, reports, minutes and contracts as directed.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the College Vice Presidents and Deans.
- Maintain files and security of confidential information including College financial and legal information.
- Answer and screen telephone calls for the Vice Presidents and Deans as needed.
- Coordinate special administrative events such as retreats and planning sessions, and arrange for locations, a/v equipment, handout materials, etc.
- Coordinate annual affiliation agreements for Health Sciences and Nursing.
- Coordinate arrangements for out-of-town travel, preparing appropriate travel authorizations and completing expense vouchers.
- Process check requests and employee reimbursements according to College and LG policy, maintaining accurate records.
- Maintain a cooperative and pleasant manner in relating to students, staff, board members, and visitors to the College, working to promote good interpersonal relations.
- Coordinate special projects and complete ad hoc assignments as delegated by the Vice Presidents and/or Deans.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate on College committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as directed by the President or other members of the Cabinet.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Three (3) years of administrative secretarial experience
- Ability to produce neat, properly formatted typed copy at a speed of no less than 70 wpm
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, automated scheduling and presentation software
- Higher Education background, preferred
- Graduate of a business secretarial program or equivalent in work experience
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/11/2021