Adjunct Faculty - English
PA College Of Health Sciences
9800 Science and Humanities
Mathematics & Sciences
Humanities faculty foster opportunities that helps students to:
- Stimulate intellectual and imaginative curiosity.
- Critically and creatively evaluate personal and professional experiences.
- Communicate thoughtfully and effectively.
- Reflect on ways to appropriately engage in global citizenship.
An Adjunct Faculty opportunity currently exists for the following course:
- ENG 202 Advanced Communication 3-credit course. This course connects critical thinking skills with reading, writing, and public speaking. Rhetorical situations will focus on a variety of communication modes and advanced research skills. Prerequisite: ENG 100
- ENG 300 Advanced Composition for Health Care 3-credit course. The goal of this course is to understand how writing can be used in the professional health care setting and to apply that understanding to personal practice. Students will examine professional writing samples from a variety of sources, distinguish the components of professional writing and ultimately compose professional articles.
Position and Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Minimum one year of teaching experience
- Experience teaching online
NOTE: When applying, please be sure to include your resume and cover letter that indicates your specific teaching discipline and content expertise.
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/01/2020