Adjunct Faculty (Surgical Technology)
PA College Of Health Sciences
9828 Health Sciences-Cert/Assoc
AS/AC Health Sciences
POSITION SUMMARY: Faculty provide didactic and/or clinical/laboratory instruction for students including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Degree reflecting coursework applicable to the material to be taught.
- A bachelor ’s degree in the discipline is preferred; a minimum of an associates degree in the discipline with additional coursework or experience is required.
- Current certification in discipline as required by the governing bodies regulating practice in that discipline.
- Programs with discipline-specific accreditation will conform to those standards when hiring faculty.
To perform this job successfully…..
Posted on 07/30/2019
- Two years’ experience in a clinical setting preferred
- One year teaching experience to include the clinical setting is preferred.