PA College Of Health Sciences
9800 Science and Humanities
Mathematics & Sciences
Faculty provide didactic and/or clinical/laboratory instruction for students including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress.
All faculty report to the Department Chair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Models professional values in support of the mission, vision, educational outcomes, and strategic direction of the College.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines transferability of courses when requested in specialized situations.
- Participates in faculty meetings and College committees, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- Degree reflecting coursework applicable to the material to be taught.
- For undergraduate courses, a master’s degree in the discipline or related field is preferred; a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the discipline or related field and certification, registration or licensure in the discipline is required.
- For undergraduate nursing courses, a master’s degree in nursing is required; doctorate preferred.
- For graduate programs, a doctorate degree is preferred in most cases; however, other terminal degrees may be acceptable. Master’s degrees with additional coursework or experience may be acceptable.
- Current licensure in discipline as required by the governing bodies regulating practice in that discipline.
- Certification in a specialty as required for practice in that specialty.
- Programs with discipline-specific accreditation will conform to those standards when hiring faculty.
To perform this job successfully…..
- Two years’ experience in a clinical setting, if applicable.
- One year teaching experience.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/06/2021