At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7274 SP-Holistic Therapy
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: Acupuncturist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
This position is a temporary position to cover multiple ambulatory sites in Lancaster and Lancaster County , PA.
0.1 casual 8 hours in a two week period of time working MOnday through Friday hours between 7:30 am and 5:00pm. This is a temporary position.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking an Accupuncturist. The Acupuncturist provides routine acupuncture and Oriental medicine therapy services to patients/clients. An acupuncturist may perform or prescribe the use of acupuncture, oriental massage, acupressure, nutrition, diet, and additional practices of Oriental Medicine as delineated under Pennsylvania acupuncture licensure to promote, maintain, and restore health.
● Provides acupuncture and Oriental medicine services to patients/clients that are safe, appropriate and effective. Effectively communicates with the interdisciplinary team. Consults with appropriate treatment staff regarding treatment plans when necessary.
● Performs and documents initial health history, assessment, and evaluation of patient/client
● Performs and documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
● Practices appropriate acupuncture techniques. Maintains patient/client confidentiality and sensitivity during all patient/client interactions; reports any unusual patient/client interactions to supervisor immediately.
● Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients/clients, the general public, and professionals.
● Participates in marketing & promotional activities
JOB REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree or Doctorate of Chinese Medicine
- Current Licensure to practice as an Acupuncturist issued by the State of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a licensed acupuncturist
- Current comprehensive liability insurance
- Conduct professional and ethical client relationships
- Current ability to meet or exceed all criteria for LGH Licensed Acupuncturist privileging.
- Knowledge of Oriental Medicine, theory, principles, techniques and methods.
- Current Pennsylvania State and national certifications
- NCCAOM certification.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- ● Self-directed and motivated to function independently, and effective as a team member.
- A commitment to the vision of LGH Integrative Medicine
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/06/2021