Acupuncturist(Part Time/ Day Shift)
Provides routine acupuncture and Oriental medicine therapy services to patients/clients. An acupuncturist may perform or prescribe the use of acupuncture, oriental massage, acupressure, nutrition, diet, and additional practices of Oriental Medicine as delineated under Pennsylvania acupuncture licensure to promote, maintain, and restore health
Job Title: Acupuncturist (PT/Days)
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
This position is a regular position to cover multiple ambulatory sites in Lancaster and Lancaster County , PA.
Monday through Friday hours 8:00am to 5:00pm; occasional evening
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking an Accupuncturist. The Acupuncturist provides routine acupuncture and Oriental medicine therapy services to patients/clients. An acupuncturist may perform or prescribe the use of acupuncture, oriental massage, acupressure, nutrition, diet, and additional practices of Oriental Medicine as delineated under Pennsylvania acupuncture licensure to promote, maintain, and restore health.
● Provides acupuncture and Oriental medicine services to patients/clients that are safe, appropriate and effective. Effectively communicates with the interdisciplinary team. Consults with appropriate treatment staff regarding treatment plans when necessary.
● Performs and documents initial health history, assessment, and evaluation of patient/client
● Performs and documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
● Practices appropriate acupuncture techniques. Maintains patient/client confidentiality and sensitivity during all patient/client interactions; reports any unusual patient/client interactions to supervisor immediately.
● Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients/clients, the general public, and professionals.
● Participates in marketing & promotional activities
JOB REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree or Doctorate of Chinese Medicine
- Current Licensure to practice as an Acupuncturist issued by the State of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of 1- 3 years of experience as a licensed acupuncturist
- Current comprehensive liability insurance
- Conduct professional and ethical client relationships
- Current ability to meet or exceed all criteria for LGH Licensed Acupuncturist privileging.
- Knowledge of Oriental Medicine, theory, principles, techniques and methods.
- Current Pennsylvania State and national certifications
- NCCAOM certification.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- ● Self-directed and motivated to function independently, and effective as a team member.
- A commitment to the vision of LGH Integrative Medicine
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.