Accountant (Full Time/Days)
1.0 FTE; Monday Through Friday 8-4:30. No weekends or holidays.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM.
Location: This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains the general ledger and fixed asset system. Perform various accounting functions to include reconciliation, posting transactions, data analysis, and financial reporting. Provides support during the year-end financial statement audit. Provides support for preparation of the IRS Form 990.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- General Ledger Maintenance – Completes month-end procedures within Management’s designated time frame. Procedures include posting transactions, processing jobs, and analyzing data. Prepares monthly reconciliation of account balances to ensure general ledger accuracy. Resolves reconciling items. Assists with General Ledger system upgrades through data verification and testing.
- Financial Worksheets/Billing – Maintains various worksheets which provide financial data to Management. Prepares non-patient hospital billings and maintains sub-ledger. Compiles financial data at the request of departments and Management.
- Regulatory Filings – Tracks and reports data with respect to required filings such as grant reporting, A-133, IRS Form 990.
- Audit – Prepares audit work papers and provides supporting documentation as required by Internal Audit. Interacts with Internal Audit as necessary.
- Budget – Prepares budget for all entities other than the Hospital. Assists with various components of the Hospital budget.
- Serves in liaison role with other departments affecting job duties such as the Development Office, Cash Management, Patient Financial Services, Food Service, etc…
- Financial Analysis – Analyzes variances of financial information by reconciling data from different sources to evaluate trends and forecast.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Acts as a back-up to other Accountants includes keeping up to date on change in process.
- Trains new employees as directed by Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Must be knowledgeable of accounting principles, laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial data, documents, and reports.
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval, output, system applications, etc.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Must be attentive to detail and highly organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
- Two (2) years experience in general accounting or related field.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/19/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.