At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
2015 Administration/Shared Services
Budgeting, Forecasting & Accounting
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 8-4:30 hours can be flexible, no on-call or Holiday, no weekend rotations.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains the general ledger and fixed asset system. Perform various accounting functions to include reconciliation, posting transactions, data analysis, and financial reporting. Provides support during the year-end financial statement audit. Provides support for preparation of the IRS Form 990.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- General Ledger Maintenance – Completes month-end procedures within Management’s designated time frame. Procedures include posting transactions, processing jobs, and analyzing data. Prepares monthly reconciliation of account balances to ensure general ledger accuracy. Resolves reconciling items. Assists with General Ledger system upgrades through data verification and testing.
- Financial Worksheets/Billing – Maintains various worksheets which provide financial data to Management. Prepares non-patient hospital billings and maintains sub-ledger. Compiles financial data at the request of departments and Management.
- Regulatory Filings – Tracks and reports data with respect to required filings such as grant reporting, A-133, IRS Form 990.
- Audit – Prepares audit work papers and provides supporting documentation as required by Internal Audit. Interacts with Internal Audit as necessary.
- Budget – Prepares budget for all entities other than the Hospital. Assists with various components of the Hospital budget.
- Serves in liaison role with other departments affecting job duties such as the Development Office, Cash Management, Patient Financial Services, Food Service, etc…
- Financial Analysis – Analyzes variances of financial information by reconciling data from different sources to evaluate trends and forecast.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Acts as a back-up to other Accountants includes keeping up to date on change in process.
- Trains new employees as directed by Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Two (2) years experience in general accounting or related field.
- Must be knowledgeable of accounting principles, laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial data, documents, and reports.
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval, output, system applications, etc.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Must be attentive to detail and highly organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 09/13/2021