Account Resolution Specialist-Burle Business Park (40hrs/week)
Lancaster General Hospital
2044 PFS Account Resolution
HB Account Resolution
Facility: Burle Industries Building
No Weekend or Holiday Rotations
Position will be moving to Lititz, Pa Summer of 2020
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maximizes cash collections and resolution of aged accounts through informed, consistent follow up activities. Responsible for the timely billing and follow-up of assigned accounts and for ensuring all accounts are paid correctly according to insurance contract terms. Consistently identifies account deficiencies that require subsequent follow-up and ensures all deficiencies are resolved. Escalates issues to supervisor and tracks data for trending and feedback purposes. Works within a structured team setting to ensure team goals and well as individual goals are met in an appropriate manner.
- Analyzes and researches denials and follows-up with the appropriate payor, practice, and/or patient to resolve denial. Provides missing or additional information if necessary, to expedite the resolution of the denied claim.
- Performs all appeals and denial recovery procedures needed to appropriately and accurately resolve denied claims.
- Processes required adjustments to accounts, including charges credits, payment transfers, policy adjustments, etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all assigned payor contracts and requirements.
- Performs research to ensure current policies, applicable coding and insurance guidelines, regulations and laws are being followed.
- Evaluates processes and procedures and makes practical suggestions/recommendations for improvement or compliance.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports of trends and problems as they are identified. Communicates such trends to management in a timely manner.
- Consistently identifies account deficiencies that require follow up and ensures that appropriate actions have occurred.
- Completes work accurately and timely with appropriate documentation.
Posted on 09/30/2019
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Microsoft Office experience is required.
- Strong organization skills is required.
- Ability to apply strong analytical qualities is required.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
- One to two years of experience in hospital or physician billing/insurance follow up is preferred.