ACO Financial Analyst
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 8am-4:30pm Monday- Friday or similar schedule. No weekends/holidays. Remote work arrangements available.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide a range of financial support services to the administrative and executive leadership of the Lancaster General Health Community Care Collaborative, LLC an Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Gathers, assembles, analyzes, and validates shared savings and shared risk contract quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial targets.
- Produces financial and statistical performance score cards on a frequent basis including variance analysis and performance improvement opportunities.
- Presentation of reports to executive, administrative, and clinical leaders within committee structures of ACO.
- Collaboration with Senior Actuary on contract modeling in support of negotiations and execution of agreements independently comparative to payer projections, budgeting for ACO agreement revenues/risks, and forecasting ACO contract performance.
- Follow and conduct audit processes and review internal controls to ensure ACO financial transactions are accurate, timely, and comply with accounting standards, principles, and ACO policy.
- Support the development of various ad hoc analyses as required, including, but not limited to, researching, analyzing, and preparing reports on shared savings and shared risk contract performance, financial and industry trends, and providing recommendations on same.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Conduct healthcare research and provide leadership with white papers and studies in the areas of revenue/expense, hospital reimbursement structures, physician reimbursement, population attribution and impact of contractual agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance
- Four (4) years of financial analysis, cost accounting, or decision support experience in the healthcare field.
- Proven analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize data problems and follow-up analysis.
- Strong communication skills, ability to question freely, and work with all levels of management and clinicians.
- Six (6) years of financial analysis, cost accounting, or decision support experience in the healthcare field.
- Experience in data mining to facilitate trending of financial and clinical data.
- Understanding of healthcare terms and systems.
- Basic understanding of prospective payment system, i.e. DRG structure, and physician reimbursement structure.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with reporting tools/applications (examples are EPSi, EPIC, Crystal Reports).
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/11/2021