.1 FTE EEG Technician
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Job Title: EEG Technician -Casual
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
PRn to work 8 hours per two week as needed Monday Through Friday with every 4th weekend on call.
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY :Under general supervision, performs prescribed neuro-diagnostic testing procedures requiring specialized knowledge and skills in support of the provision of diagnostic testing.Testing includes: EEG, evoked potentials, and specialized tests within the scope of their practice. Provides findings, results and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedure. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Function as a resource person to patients and family members, physicians and their staff, hospital staff and EEG technician coworkers.
- Prepare patient for procedures as appropriate to requirements; conduct chart/clinical staff review, determine essential medical and social history, conduct intake interview and document information necessary for accurate interpretation of electro-diagnostic studies
- Perform high quality EEG recordings in accordance with department policies including routine, ambulatory and long term monitoring for all age groups. Able to edit and prepare neuro-diagnostic test when required by the physician
- Recognizes clinically significant events and critical findings and follows department procedures to notify appropriate physicians
- Enter orders and patient charges via clinical information system
- Identify and respond to emergencies to ensure safety of patients served
- Assist in maintaining and trouble- shooting issues with lab equipment
- Assist in establishing and maintaining department procedures and protocols
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Electroneuro-diagnostic technology program or an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university or equivalent job related experience.
- Any new incumbents hired after 8/1/2019 are required to be credentialed in electro-encephalography (R.EEG T) or eligible for completion within twelve (12) months of hire date.
- Two (2) years previous hospital experience.
This position requires a license or certification
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MDI
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 05/07/2021