Job Shadow Program
About the Program:
Job shadowing experiences are available to high school and college students or adults who have an interest in the healthcare industry and would like to observe a professional in a healthcare setting. Participants must be at least 16 years of age. An individual may participate in up to two job shadow experiences for a total of two to four hours each. All shadowing experiences must be coordinated by Human Resources.
Areas Available for Shadowing:
*restrictions may apply
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Environmental Services
- Laboratory Testing
- Occupational Therapy
- Oncology Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Ultrasound at LGH
- If the Lancaster General Health Human Resources Department must cancel or postpone a shadowing appointment, our goal is to provide approximately 24 hours notice.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend the program, please contact the Human Resources Department at (717) 544-4915 as soon as possible. Anyone failing to cancel will not be rescheduled.
- You will be asked to sign confidentiality statements to protect our patients.
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes (dress code will be provided).
- If you appear to have a contagious illness, you will be asked to contact Human Resources to reschedule.
- If you are unable to travel due to the weather, please contact the Human Resources Department.
- If a student’s school district has canceled school due to snow and/or ice, the shadowing experience will also be cancelled for that day.
- If a student’s school day start time is delayed, Human Resources will assume that the shadowing experience will take place that day.
Job Shadowing is closed. The application will re-open in September 2016.