Job Shadow Program
About the Program:
Job shadowing experiences are available to high school and college students or adults who have an interest in the healthcare industry and would like to observe a professional in a healthcare setting. Participants must be at least 16 years of age. An individual may participate in up to two job shadow experiences for a total of two to four hours each. All shadowing experiences must be coordinated by Human Resources.
Areas Available for Shadowing:
*restrictions may apply
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Environmental Services
- Laboratory Testing
- Occupational Therapy
- Oncology Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Ultrasound at LGH
- If the Lancaster General Health Human Resources Department must cancel or postpone a shadowing appointment, our goal is to provide approximately 24 hours notice.
- If, for any reason, you are unable to attend the program, please contact the Human Resources Department at (717) 544-4915 as soon as possible. Anyone failing to cancel will not be rescheduled.
- You will be asked to sign confidentiality statements to protect our patients.
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes (dress code will be provided).
- If you appear to have a contagious illness, you will be asked to contact Human Resources to reschedule.
- If you are unable to travel due to the weather, please contact the Human Resources Department.
- If a student’s school district has canceled school due to snow and/or ice, the shadowing experience will also be cancelled for that day.
- If a student’s school day start time is delayed, Human Resources will assume that the shadowing experience will take place that day.
Job Shadowing is closed for the months of June, July, and August. The application will again go live for Fall 2015 semester shadowing.